‘If Sanwo-Olu Does Not Come Out To Campaign, He Will Still Floor PDP With Landslide’ – Akin Alabi
Nigerian Lawmaker, Akin Alabi, has opined that the Lagos State Governor, Babajide Sanwo-Olu, will floor the opposition Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) in the 2023 election even without campaigning for a second term.
Naija News reports that Akin made this known in a social media comment while reacting to a question asking who would win the Lagos State Gubernatorial election.
In his comment, the politician said online politics is different from reality, and considering the social media comments, one would think Sanwo-Olu will lose.
Alabi said it is clear that the incumbent governor will still win the opposition party comprehensively even if he does not campaign for a second term in office.
Akin Alabi wrote: “The comments here is another proof that online politics is different from the reality on ground. Reading the comments, one would say Sanwo-Olu would lose but the reality on ground is if he does not come out to campaign, he will win comprehensively. LESSON: Never get your political feedback from social media. You will be misled”
Reacting to Akin Alabi’s comment, the Chairman PDP UK South West caucus, Segun Akinyemi, disagreed with him, stressing that the 2023 election is going to be different.
Segun gave an analysis of different factors that might probably make the All Progressives Congress (APC) lose the election.
He wrote: “While I agree with you that social media misleads, one thing I can tell is that Lagos elections are gonna be different from 2019 due to the following factors.
1. BIVAS the game changer which makes rigging practically impossible.
2. AMBODE factor. He will most definitely work against APC together with the millions of his aggrieved supporters.
3. JANDOR’s decamping from APC. In the last 23 years of AD/AC/APC in Lagos there’s never being a time that a group within the decamped to the opposition in Lagos with over 300,000 supporters like @lagosforlagos did. The number supporters that filled up TBS and the traffic Lagos island experienced that day is proof that he has huge followership.
4. END SARS… In 2019 there was No ENDSARS. The number of Youths that APC lost after 2020 is significant and will affect the results.
5. The AWORI factor. The Aworis a very vast and powerful voting block have been marginalised for so long and now that on of their sons is contesting they have all resolved to throw their weight behind him.
6. @funkejenifaakindele and @bankywellington Factor will help in no small measure to garner female, youths and celebrity votes.”